Friday, December 7, 2007

Holiday Traditions

There is a wonderful meme going on at Sew,Mama,Sew! It's called Handcrafters' Holidays. It started me thinking about some of our traditions in my family. I think my favorite is our cookie baking. It's not the baking, it's what we do with the cookies after they are baked.

If any of you have ever worked in retail, you know what it's like during holiday season. It's hectic, and customers quite often are downright rude to employees. My daughter worked in a particular store for 5 years. So up until this year I have baked cookies to give out to them on Christmas Eve. It's my way of saying thank you for all that they do, not to mention to brighten their day. This year we did it on Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. I think I got more joy out of it than they did, just to see the looks on their faces. I may do it again for Christmas Eve, I haven't decided yet. It depends on how much time I have. I have got to get to work on my Christmas pressies!

2 comments:

Teddi said...

What a sweet tradition! I bet the day after Thanksgiving is the day they needed it most! What a nice gesture!

Geek+Nerd said...

That is so lovely. Retail can be so thankless around the holidays!